Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Suddenly all my google searches are coming up british; can I change setting to fix that?

Not sure why, but suddenly no matter what I google, all the websites -- most all -- are british about british things. I even googled "Supreme Court" the other day and the first hit was the "UK Supreme Court." Google is American, I know, but there are also settings that can change it, I think. Did I inadvertently change it? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!





PS, even when I google weather I get UK weather. Tell me, is this some sort of cyber invasion?|||If youre so inclined, you could do a route trace from your pc to google's servers and cross reference the jumps with ip range ownership. I know from experience that the google tend to redirect you to the correct regional domain, depending on where they see your ip originating from.





If thats the case and youre using a proxy server, check that the proxy is not within the ranges registered by British companies.





If youre not using a proxy server, then the problem may be with your isp utilizing a British gateway or the problem could even extend to malicious software on your pc redirecting your connection through a proxy (that is probably logging the data sent across your connection).





Then theres also the likely possibility that your using google.co.uk instead of google.com. Maybe someone changed your homepage from one to the other and you havent thought to look at the url.|||I haven't had that problem. Perhaps you need to narrow your search more.


But I wouldn't put it past those british to do something like try to harm US computers. Currently the UK is America's number one enemy, as is much of europe.|||God I hate the UK. Can't they come up with their own toys instead of constantly appropriating America's??

No comments:

Post a Comment