Saturday, February 11, 2012

Did you know that the weather in Hell isn't all that bad, and sometimes it actually does freeze over?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en%26amp;lr=%26amp;q鈥?/a>|||I decided to laugh at that. :) hahaha|||I'll have to visit Michigan someday|||It's merely a natural cycle of planet Hell.


Who would name a town or city "Hell"?


Also, how the F was that agreed upon?|||See now I have to move there, I am always being told I am going to Hell.





as to the name


There are two leading stories cited by residents for the origin of Hell's name:





The first holds that a pair of German travelers stepped out of a stagecoach one sunny afternoon in the 1830s, and one said to the other, "So sch枚n hell!" - translated as, "So beautifully bright!" Their comments were overheard by some locals and the name stuck.[3]





The second holds that after Michigan gained statehood, George Reeves was asked what he thought the town he helped settle should be called, and replied, "I don't care, you can name it Hell for all I care." The name became official on October 13, 1841.[4]|||I haven't been there myself.... but my beloved is a Michigander and she's threatened to give me Hell...

No comments:

Post a Comment