Saturday, February 11, 2012

What was the weather like in England in the 1800s? (Victorian Era)?

For a project I'm doing I have to include a three day weather forecast for the time period. And I've looked all over google and no luck. It's due Wednesday (11-19-08)! Help! |||In the early 1800s, a sunspot "minimum" occurred so it would have been cool. However from about 1675- 1720 a mini ice age occurred due to a maunder minimum (minimal sunspots).





1750 was the start of the industrial era, so it definitely would have been cooler than it is now.





This would lead me to say cooler than now, but warmer than what their grandparents would have remembered.





I'd say rain. Look at the time of year you want to estimate. Find today's estimate, subtract 7 and vary it from day to day by one to two degrees. Include rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment