Friday, January 27, 2012

How do I get Google to take me to the right link instead of the WRONG one?!?

When I type in something into Google, such as weather, I will try to click on the links to the results it gives me but instead of taking me to, say, weather.com, it will take me to a COMPLETELY unrelated page, like yellow pages or some generic search engine. How do I get Google to take me to the right link??|||- Check your "hosts" file. Go to Windows\System32\drivers\etc There you will find hosts file. Open it with notepad or wordpad. It should contain very less information, you are supposed to see every line beginning with #, except for the one last line . In fact it sould look like that:


[


# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.


#


# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.


#


# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each


# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should


# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.


# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one


# space.


#


# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual


# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.


#


# For example:


#


# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server


# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host





127.0.0.1 localhost


]





Delete anything other than this.|||Your browser has been hijacked. Either run something to fix it, such as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware http://www.malwarebytes.org or use a different browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment